Every man deserves a better answer about his prostate cancer
Myriad helps you present truly informed treatment options to your patient – providing you both with confidence in your decisions. Every case of prostate cancer behaves and progresses differently, so it is important to test each unique case. Myriad offers germline and somatic tests for prostate cancer that will help guide treatment decisions, provide information on the possibility your patient will develop other cancers, and indicate their familial risk.
Patient care begins with knowledge and your patients deserve accurate and actionable test results that you trust.
Myriad Oncology's Tests for Prostate Cancer and What Answers They Provide:
HEREDITARY CANCER TESTING
The Myriad myRisk® test is a 35-gene cancer panel that will provide your patients with prostate cancer information on:
- Whether their prostate cancer is hereditary (or caused by a genetic mutation) – Up to 1 in 6 men with prostate cancer have a hereditary form of cancer.1
- The risk of developing additional cancers – Having a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation puts patients with prostate patients at a higher risk of developing other cancers than the general public.
- Potential surgical considerations and treatment eligibility – A patient’s BRCA status can help guide treatment decisions and identify additional targeted therapies.
- Potential hereditary cancer risk for family members – Knowing mutation status provides the opportunity for family members to take proactive screening and/or preventative measures if appropriate.
By incorporating leading medical society guidelines into the results through our myRisk Medical Management Tool, myRisk can provide comprehensive information about your patient’s unique cancer. Using industry leading accuracy, unmatched turnaround time, and a lifetime commitment to patients, myRisk is an essential part of prostate cancer evaluations.
Prostate cancer tumor testing - To guide treatment and risk management decisions
The Prolaris® test adds clinically proven information to traditional diagnostic tools and indicates how fast your patient’s prostate cancer will progress. Put simply, a Prolaris test helps you provide truly informed treatment options to your patient – providing you both with confidence in your decisions. The Prolaris report provides:
- An individualized Prolaris Score, which tells you if your patient’s cancer is acting more or less aggressively than patients within the same risk category
- Your patient’s 10-year Disease Specific Mortality (DSM) risk and whether or not they can safely be put on active surveillance
- Your patient’s 10-year risk of METS when considering definitive treatment
BRCA TESTING – TO HELP DETERMINE WHICH PATIENTS MAY BE APPROPRIATE FOR PARP TARGETED THERAPY
- Prevalence of Germline Variants in Prostate Cancer and Implications for Current Genetic Testing Guidelines. Nicolosi et al. JAMA Oncol 2019.