Make Fully Informed Treatment Decisions
Myriad Oncology offers accurate, secure, genetic risk screenings so you can deliver the best care for your patients with ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer is often diagnosed at a later stage and knowing if the disease was caused by a gene mutation will provide critical information needed to guide treatment decisions.
Patient care begins with knowledge and your patients deserve accurate and actionable hereditary cancer test results that you trust.
Myriad Oncology's Tests for Ovarian Cancer and What Answers They Provide:
HEREDITARY CANCER TESTING
The Myriad myRisk® test is a 35-gene cancer panel that will provide your patients with ovarian cancer information on:
- Whether their case of ovarian cancer is hereditary (or caused by a genetic mutation) – Up to 24% (1 in 4) incidences of ovarian cancer are due to hereditary causes.1
- Their risk of developing additional cancers – Having a pathogenic BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation puts individuals at a much higher risk of developing certain cancers (such as breast) than the general public.
- Potential surgical considerations and treatment eligibility – Patients with ovarian cancer and a BRCA mutation may be considered appropriate for PARP Inhibitor therapy, which may cut risk of progression or death up to 70%.2
- Potential hereditary cancer risk for family members – Knowing mutation status provides the opportunity for family members to take proactive screening and/or preventative surgical measures if appropriate.
By incorporating leading medical society guidelines into the results through our myRisk Medical Management Tool, myRisk can provide comprehensive information about your patient’s unique cancer. Using industry leading accuracy, unmatched turnaround time, and a lifetime commitment to patients, myRisk is an essential part of all ovarian cancer workups.
BRca testing - to help determine which patients may be appropriate for parp inhibitor therapy
PARP Inhibitor therapy is an effective treatment option for patients with ovarian cancer that have a BRCA1/2 mutation. BRACAnalysis CDx® was designed and FDA-approved to provide BRCA1/2 results quickly and accurately so you can find the women that are appropriate candidates.
Tumor Testing - To Determine HRD Status
- Walsh T, et al. Mutations in 12 genes for inherited ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal carcinoma identified by massively parallel sequencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2011 Nov 1;108(44):18032-7.
- Moore KN, et al. Maintenance olaparib in patients with newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer. N Engl J Med. 2018; 379(26):2495-2505.