Trusted, Accurate, and Simple Genetic Testing
Myriad Oncology works hard to deliver you and your patients the information needed to help them in their journey. Knowing if your patients’ gastric cancer was caused by a genetic mutation can help guide treatment and risk management decisions, as well as provide information on potential familial risk.
Patient care begins with knowledge, and your patients deserve accurate and actionable hereditary cancer test results that you trust.
Myriad Oncology's Tests for Gastric Cancer and What Answers They Provide:
Hereditary cancer testing
The Myriad myRisk® test is a 35-gene cancer panel that will provide appropriate patients with gastric cancer information on:
- Whether their case of gastric cancer is hereditary (or caused by a genetic mutation)
- Their risk of developing additional cancers – Having certain genetic mutations puts patients at a higher risk of developing additional cancers, such as breast cancer, than the general public.
- Potential surgical considerations and treatment eligibility
- Potential hereditary cancer risk for their family members – Knowing mutation status provides the opportunity for family members to take proactive screening and/or preventative measures if appropriate.
Certain mutations can leave individuals with a lifetime risk of gastric cancer of up to 80%.1
By incorporating leading medical society guidelines into the results through our myRisk Medical Management Tool, myRisk can provide comprehensive information about your patient’s unique cancer. Using industry leading accuracy, unmatched turnaround time, and a lifetime commitment to patients, myRisk should be a part of gastric cancer workups.
- Pharoah PD, et al. Incidence of gastric cancer and breast cancer in CDH1 (E-cadherin) mutation carriers from hereditary diffuse gastric cancer families. Gastroenterology. 2001 Dec;121(6):1348-53.