Patient Care Begins with Knowledge
Myriad Oncology can provide information that will help you understand the nature of your patients’ breast cancer to make better informed treatment decisions. Every case of breast cancer is different, and Myriad offers both germline and somatic tests that can help you confidently move forward with a plan specific to each patient, as well as provide them information on familial risk.
Patient care begins with knowledge and your patients deserve accurate and actionable test results that you trust.
Myriad Oncology's Tests for Breast Cancer and What Answers They Provide:
Hereditary cancer testing
- Whether or not their breast cancer is hereditary (or caused by a genetic mutation) – Up to 14% of all breast cancers are hereditary.1
- Their risk of developing additional cancers – Having a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation puts breast cancer patients at a much higher risk of developing other cancers, such as a second breast cancer or ovarian cancer, than the general public.
- Potential surgical considerations and treatment eligibility for your patient – A patient’s BRCA status can help determine available surgical options and identify additional treatment options.2
- Potential hereditary cancer risk for family members – Knowing mutation status provides the opportunity for family members to take proactive screening and/or preventative surgical measures if appropriate.
myRisk STAT® offers expedited results (one week) of 11 breast cancer genes for surgery-pending or time-sensitive patients with the full report delivered within 14 days.
Breast Cancer Tumor Testing – To guide treatment and risk management decisions
EndoPredict® is a genomic test for women with ER+/HER2–, early-stage, node-negative and node-positive breast cancer. EndoPredict provides three separate results you and your patient can use when determining the treatments that are right for them. These three results answer the following questions:
- What is the risk that my patient will experience a distant recurrence within 10 years if they are treated with 5 years of hormone therapy alone?
- To what extent might chemotherapy treatment reduce the risk of distant recurrence (chemo-benefit)?
- What is my patient’s 5-15 year risk of distant recurrence? Can my patient safely stop hormone treatment (aka endocrine therapy) at five years?
BRca testing - to help determine which patients may be appropriate for parp inhibitor therapy
BRACAnalysis CDx® can help determine which of your patients with HER2-negative locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer are appropriate for PARP Inhibitor therapy by identifying if they have a germline BRCA1/2 mutation. This test was designed and FDA-approved to provide BRCA1/2 results quickly and accurately.
Breast Cancer prediction tool
riskScore® is a breast cancer risk prediction tool. For eligible women that are unaffected by breast cancer, riskScore uses genetic markers and clinical factors to give insight into a 5-year and remaining lifetime risk of developing breast cancer.*
explore other cancer types
Click the cancer type below to see what test(s) and answers Myriad Oncology offers for that cancer type.
- NCCN® Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian Version V1.2020.
- Foulkes WD. Inherited susceptibility to common cancers. N Engl J Med 2008:359:2143-2153
*riskScore is calculated for women of solely European ancestry under the age of 85 without a personal history of breast cancer, LCIS, hyperplasia, atypical hyperplasia, or a breast biopsy of unknown results. riskScore is not calculated if a woman or a blood relative is known to carry a mutation in a breast cancer gene.